Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"Can still kick a ball a hundred yards."

I didn't anticipate writing another post today, but playing soccer for a few hours with my colleagues this evening went so well that I feel compelled to tell you about it. While I still made a few clumsy mistakes, I felt a lot more natural on the field this time around, and consequently was able to run around much more while getting significantly less tired than before. I did a much better job playing defense, and also led the team in points with five goals and one assist. You would have really enjoyed watching, Dad.

Among other things, I got an email from my brother today, and he shared with me a comparison of a picture he took when he was in Dublin four years ago (on the right) and a picture I took from last weekend (on the left). It is pretty amazing to see that, without any planning, I ended up standing four years later at exact same street corner and taking a picture from such a similar angle. It will be interesting to see where else our paths cross. I also find it extremely fitting that the bus in my picture has the phrase "Looking out for you." written on its side.

Anyway, I need to get packing for my trip to Heidelberg. It's now only several weeks until I see many of you, and I look forward to catching up.

2 comments:

martin said...

It probably helped that this game was against the blind kids.

Anonymous said...

That Marty! What a card?!? Ignore his insults! DAD